Sunday, July 04, 2004

Australian School Libraries Asociation - Online Conference

For the first time I experienced an asynchronous online conference.
What is an asynchronous discussion?

This is where participants contribute to a conversation over a period of time, ie not at the same time.
For example web forums and message boards as opposed to synchronous where participants contribute to a conversation "live", - like chat programs and email.

I found the whole experience VERY text based. You were required to read huge amounts of text documents and then respond to questions posed against these papers.

The conference was to provide current thinking, practice and discussion in:

* Knowledge Management

* Information Literacy

* Information and Communication Technology

* Evidence-based Practice

I would be happy to distribute the summary of my experienceif anyone is interested.
just post a comment to this board and I will email to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home